Special thanks to @Annie_siegfried on Instagram for partnering with us and creating this awesome recipe to share! You can check out Annie on Instagram for more fantastic recipe ideas here.
(HORIZONTAL LINE, ONLY HERE FOR PROMOTER POSTS)
Ingredients (HEADING 3)
**If there is a multipart recipe (i.e. salads with homemade dressings, popcorn balls with sauce, etc.) split both the ingredients and instructions into parts like this. If it’s a single item recipe, don’t worry about this step and just list the bulleted ingredients list.
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 large whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 lemons
- sea salt to taste
- 3 1/2 cups 1000 Springs Mill great white northern beans, cooked according to package directions
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth or bean broth
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and finely diced
- 3 cups kale, shredded
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste (or 1 tsp)
- Bouquet garni: 2 bay leaves, 1 large sprig of sage, 1 large sprig of rosemary (or 2 small sprigs)
1.) Combine together the fresh parsley and basil
2.) Using a fine-toothed grater, grate the garlic cloves over the top of the herbs. Follow by zesting the lemons over the top in the same way.
3.) Chop together until the parsley and basil are chopped very finely. Set aside.
White Bean Soup
1.) In a large soup pot over medium heat, saute the onion, carrots, and celery together for 6-8 minutes
2.) Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook another 1-2 minutes, or until very fragrant
3.) Pour in the vegetable broth or the broth left from cooking the beans. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
4.) Add in the bouquet garni potato, and cooked white northern beans. Stir well and cook for 15-20 minutes.
5.) Blend partially with an immersion blender to thicken. Add kale and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
6.) Top with the gremolata, serve and enjoy!